Friday, October 9, 2009

New Inspiration

There are many times when I feel completely drained of any artistic ability...after both Agape Images Art Shows, I promised to never pick up a paint brush again. Obviously, I did. BUT it is only because Jesus rejuvinates me and inspires me again! It's an incredible blessing and has the most perfect timing when I'm thinking, "How in the world did I get here? I'm not an artist!" What's true about that statement is that I am not a professional artist (is there such thing?), but a crafty amateur trying to teach myself to be an artist. So there's the honest truth about me!

This week was another one of those times. I felt ill-equiped to do the art projects I HAD to do and was distracted by my new transition into the city of Austin. (Which I'm in love with more everyday) BUT, once again, God was faithful in reminding me that he has given me gifts and that those gifts are through Him and because of Him and for Him....a package arrived anonymously in the mail on Wednesday. Inside it was the most "Kortni" gift ever. It was a journal, but not just a normal journal...the title reads, "Brave Embrace: Where art and journaling meet"!! The two loves of my life coming together in the most wonderful and creative and inspirational book! I laid in my bed and just cried at the greatness of the colors, collages, and true art of it. (Does that explain me a little bit? I cried. I know, weird.) I am excited to see where this new creativity that has burst inside of me leads to.

Whether it's art or another passion you have and you are feeling dry, with our Father, INSPIRATION IS RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER. Enjoy:)






P.s. Found the package sender....Thank you Whitney Smith for my incredible gift:)

1 comment:

  1. Kortni,

    These are gorgeous and so inspiring. I know Anna will love them. She has meant so much to our family being a Godly example for both you and Natalie. Send my love to Whitney. What a special friend!
    Keep imagining!

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete